Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Good Morning Girls, Homemaker Group - COME JOIN!


Hi ladies! While reading one of the hundred blogs I read, I happened to stumble across another blog which led me to Good Morning GirlsGMG is a place where women from all over the world can connect via internet. You form groups and e-mail/facebook, etc. eachother each
 day after you have your quiet time and discuss what the Lord spoke to you that day. It's basically an accountability group. But it's so much more than that, you're making friendships with women  you would have never gotten to know! In my search to find a group, I had a very difficult time because nearly all of the groups were filled with moms. That is not at all a bad thing but
I needed a place where I could connect with women who were wives [not yet with children] and homemakers [not working outside the home]. With that being said, I have started my own group of homemakers. 

Here is my vision for the group so far: 
As of right now, it will be an e-mail based group because I no longer have Facebook. However, I'm looking into maybe Google + (which is similar to Facebook) or some kind of group hosting website we could use to make it easier. But basically, on Sunday night I will send out a reminder e-mail for the weekly readings and each morning/afternoon/evening that any of us has our quiet time, we will e-mail (or post on the group wall if we have Google +) all the group members about what we read and anything else we felt led to share. Of course you're not limited in only sharing about your reading time. My husband & I are firm believers that since he is the head and leader of me, as [your] group leader, nothing I say will be said without confirming through my husband. I'm currently praying about sending out a few questions with the Sunday e-mail for us to meditate on when we read the Word throughout the week.  

  I'm really wanting this group to be an accountability group [for Ephesians study] as well as a place where we can share our praises and struggles and not feel condemned; that we would restore each other in the Gospel. I want everyone to feel comfortable and make new friendships here; after all, they will be eternal! 

We would love to have you join us, so please feel free to contact me 
via my blog or e-mail me at: daniellec.durand[at]gmail.com

[photo taken from google]


Linking up today at: 





1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea. Sorry, but I'm just outside of this - my husband and I are expecting are first born in March!!! But I think it's great to have a group just for homemakers without kids because I always felt kinda out of the loop with all the blogs talking about kids, how to raise them, etc. lol Although....I'm now glad that I can't be part of this group and will be included in the mommy group from now on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete