Saturday, January 7, 2012

Educate Yourself on Flouride


Did you know the fluoride is banned from being added to water in the following countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Austria, France and The Netherlands? Fluoride is added to our water as well as our toothpaste here in the United States. "What makes fluoride so dangerous?", you might be wondering.

 Andreas Schuld describes fluoride as follows in an article on the Weston Price Foundation: “Fluoride is any combination of elements containing the fluoride ion. In its elemental form, fluorine is a pale yellow, highly toxic and corrosive gas. In nature, fluorine is found combined with minerals as fluorides. It is the most chemically active nonmetallic element of all the elements and also has the most reactive electro-negative ion. Because of this extreme reactivity, fluorine is never found in nature as an uncombined element.”

Here is a very informative video on fluoride based on his book Fluoride Deception

You might have heard that fluoride helps prevent cavities. However, when you consume too much fluoride your teeth get discolored and decay. Quite opposite from what we're told, huh? Not only that but in lab tests, fluoride has been shown to enhance the brain's absorption of aluminum [the substance that is found in the brains of most Alzheimer's patients]. Excessive fluoride has been shown to damage the musculoskeletal and nervous systems.
If you think that's bad, roughly 10,000 cancer deaths per year, with a high incidence of bone cancer were exposed to fluoridated water. [Read more here]

How can I avoid fluoride? Most toothpastes you will find in the store contain fluoride. There are a few toothpastes that offer fluoride free but I just recently found out that though it's fluoride free, it contains sodium lauryl sulfate which you can read about the dangers of that here

Healthy alternative: Toothsoap
I giggled and raised my one eyebrow when I heard the name! When reading through the ingredients, I was happy to see that I had all the ingredients already from making homemade shampoo and deodorant. 

1 tbsp Dr. Bronners castile liquid soap [I have peppermint so I don't need to flavor with essential oils]
5 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil or water [this helps the consistency]
20-25 drops of essential oils [if you have mild unscented Dr. Bronners]
A few dashes of Stevia

It makes me sad to know all of this is in our drinking water. I am reminded that we are living in a corrupted world. I do trust that God is Sovereign and if I do get cancer, I can trust that He is Good and He is doing it for His glory. On that note, I do think if the alternatives are there for us to take better care of ourselves that we should. The research is readily available, help protect your family's health! 

[Thank you to Passionate Homemaking for the information and recipes!]








1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your wisdom on fluoride and the dangers in toothpaste. We choose to use thieves toothpaste versus the ones you find in the stores because of the toxins found in them. I appreciate you educating your readers and I love your recipe on the natural toothpaste. My family and I use essential oils, so I should tempt to make it sometime! Thanks!!! :) Carrie at http://younglivingoillady.com

    ReplyDelete