Friday, February 3, 2012

8 Weeks


I've been struggling. I've been struggling for joy in these early stages of pregnancy. I rarely have a good day where I can get anything done because I am either hurling over the toilet or laying in bed because when I stand up, I get nauseous. I had a meltdown earlier this week because I was struggling to find joy in the midst of being so sick. I quickly was reminded that there are women who would love to experience morning sickness, just to be able to grow a child in their womb. Morning sickness is a very deceptive word, by the way! I've learned that it lasts all day. I am 8 weeks pregnant today and still have about 4 more weeks of this. Thankfully, this week I have had some relief from the throwing up part. 

I am in the process of switching from an obstetrician to a midwife - thankfully I am still very early in my pregnancy to where it doesn't matter too much; I haven't built a strong relationship with my obstetrician. I will be going to a "meet & greet" this Tuesday where I can ask any questions I might have. If there were any questions you wish you could have asked/ think are important please leave me a comment and let me know! 

This week I will be catching up from the last 3 weeks and starting a pregnancy journal. I plan on putting pictures and the journal entries into a photo book. I would also love to hear of any of you who have done something similar!


No comments:

Post a Comment